- There are 8 grocery stores throughout Ottawa, from east end to west end, selling beer as of now. CLICK HERE to find out where in your neighbourhood.
- Beer, at this time, is only being sold in six packs.
- There is a mixture of major beer brands and craft beers. 20% of shelf space is required to be used for Ontario Craft Beer (we, at Evans Team, LOVE this rule….check out our story on Covered Bridge Brewery in Stittsville)
- Any Loblaws that are selling beer have committed to holding 50% of its shelf space for Ontario Craft Beer.
- There will be special checkouts for beer at the grocery stores with signs stipulating them as “Beer Lanes”.
- The cashiers working the “Beer Lanes” have all passed the mandatory Ontario Smart Serve course.
- Wine could be next….
What are your thoughts on beer being sold in grocery stores?