Friday again already! The weekend weather looks a bit confused but that doesn’t mean you have to be about what your plans should be this weekend and for the week ahead. We’ve got a handful of FREE (or almost FREE) events for you to enjoy:
- Ottawa Lebanese Festival – The festival had its official opening day on Wednesday but runs until Sunday. Join the fun with Lebanese culture, food, music and more. See the website for locations and events.
- Free Concert at the Marion Dewar Plaza – Today at noon is a FREE concert with Sherri Harding and The Heat. Enjoy music, dancing and grab a bite from one of the many food trucks!
- Capital Pop Up Cinema – this week’s edition in the Byward Market is family favourite, E.T.
- Free Family Movies – See below for options for this Friday and Saturday.Friday July 22nd at dusk: Zootopia at Westboro Beach (Kitchissippi Lookout) (Friday Night Flicks presented by Magic 100 and CTV)Friday July 22nd at dusk: Les Nouveaux Héros (French) at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau (Les Soirées Ciné Plein Air de Rouge FM)
Saturday July 23rd starting at 7pm: Zootopia at Berry Glen Park in Barrhaven
- Ukrainian Festival – Festival started on Thursday and runs until Sunday. Join the fun with lots of Ukrainian food, music, culture, live performances and more. Taking place at the Baptist Ukranian Shrine Grounds on Green Valley Road.
- Ottawa Farmer’s Markets – As always there are the many Ottawa Farmer’s Markets to visit throughout the city.
- Sound and Light Show – Running until September is the Sound and Light Show at Parliament Hill. Totally free and bilingual, the show this year focuses on Northern Lights as its theme.
Heads up for next weekend….Capital Ribfest! One of Ottawa’s favourites festivals runs all through the August long weekend.