Our apologies for missing Free Friday last week, we hope you found some interesting things to do for free here in our city. If you did we would love to hear about them and share them with others. Without further ado, here is our first Free Friday for August!
- Potato Fest – Taking place in the market TODAY from 11 to 3, this event celebrates the energy powerhouse that are potatoes. For $5 gobble some up with all proceeds going to the Ottawa Mission.
- Parliament Light Show – as always, Parliament Hill will be aglow after dark this evening with its famous light show. Celebrating the Northern Lights this is a show not to be missed.
- Campfire Storytelling – Taking place tonight at Pinhey’s Point, join in for some traditional campfire storytelling.
- Changing of the Guard – also a daily ritual, this is a great tradition to introduce children and tourists to.
- JAMDAY – the Jamaican Festival takes place at Mooney’s Bay on Saturday. Join in the festivities to experience Jamaican culture, food, music and more.
- Ottawa Farmer’s Markets – and of course, there are all of Ottawa’s markets to enjoy on Saturday and Sunday throughout the city.