The first weekend of October looks like it’s going to be a busy one in Ottawa. We have a full Free Friday for you today!
- Mac My Cheese Fest – This festival celebrates all that is good and delicious about one of Canada’s favourite comfort foods, Mac & Cheese! Taking place all weekend at Festival Plaza in front of City Hall this festival has free entry.
- Culture Days – Culture Days, celebrating cultural connections, takes place throughout the country this weekend. Running today until Sunday there are free events throughout the City. Visit the link to view the free activities throughout Ottawa and the surrounding area.
- Madawaska Valley Studio Tour – The autumn tour takes place all this weekend featuring local artists from the Madawaska Valley. Free admission but don’t hesitate to buy a beautiful piece.
- Chelsea and Wakefield Studio Tour – Another popular area of an artist’s tour. Taking place all weekend. Also a great way to check out the beginning of the turning of the leaves.
- Merrickville Artist’s Guild Tour – Merrickville is one of the best known areas for local artists in the Ottawa area and they have their second weekend of their studio tour this weekend. Don’t miss out!
- Fall Fest – Taking place on Sunday, October 2 Fall Fest will be celebrated by the Old Ottawa South Community Association in Windsor Park from 11 to 2. There will be games, food, a BBQ, face painting, raffle prizes and more.
- Farm Hop – Three farms in Gatineau will be opening their doors for FREE to the public on Sunday from 10 to 4. Do everything from picking pumpkins to brewing and enjoying yummy cider. A great daytime activity for the whole family.