We know that there is a specific “walk score” website out there that determines the “walkability” of a location however, we are consistently disagreeing with the numbers that we see. Especially in the world we live in where people are keen to walk for both physical and emotional health, we feel that most addresses in the suburbs are extremely walkable. You just have to know where you’re going!
A perfect example of this is our new listing at 104 Kimpton Drive in the Jackson Trails neighbourhood in Stittsville. The location of this home allows you to walk to pretty much everything you could want or need.
- There is a city park right behind this home that you can access just two doors down at the corner. This park offers a play structure, soccer pitch and splash pad for the kids and lots of walking trails for everyone.
- St. Stephen Elementary School – a minute’s walk from your doorstep, this Catholic elementary school is right around the corner and offers JK to grade 6.
- The Glen Scottish Pub – this local pub is a favourite in Stittsville and is a 5 minute walk from your door. The current owners love walking up to this local pub for dinner and a drink or to watch a game.
- Poco Pazzo Italian Eatery – for a more fine dining experience, this Italian restaurant is in the same plaza, also a 5 minute walk from home.
- LCBO – Always convenient to have nearby, the Stittsville LCBO, is just a 5 minute walk from your door.
- Giant Tiger, Blue Bamboo Yoga, Lucky Dragon Chinese Food, Quizno’s – Also in this plaza just around the corner are all of these conveniences for those of you who love Chinese on a Friday night or want to walk to yoga practice.
- OC Transpo Stops – at the corner of Kimpton and Stittsville Main Street is bus route 262 which brings you to the Carp Park & Ride, Bayshore, Tunney’s Pasture, Bank & Slater and ends and Mackenzie King station…a great route for those of you commuting downtown or to government offices at Tunney’s Pasture. Just a short walk up the street to Hazeldean gives you access to bus route 96 which brings you all through Kanata, Bayshore and eventually downtown.
- Brown’s Independent Grocer – this is probably the closest grocery store to your home with Farm Boy being a close second. Both are about a ten minute walk, less on a day with good weather.
- IDA, Hilary’s Dry Cleaner, Hallmark, Pet Valu, McDonald’s – Also in the Farm Boy Plaza are all of these conveniences as well.
- Hurley’s Bar and Grill – a favourite breakfast spot, Hurley’s is a bit over a 10 minute walk away but has great specials all week long.
- Mahogany Salon and Spa – Also a bit over 10 minutes away, this is a beautiful, relaxing place to have a manicure or pedicure. A reward for all of the walking you have been enjoying!
- Shopper’s Drugmart, Yogatown, Napoli’s Cafe – If you’re feeling ambitious and are up to a 15-20 minute walk there is another plaza with a Shoppers, an Italian Restaurant plus a favourite yoga studio offering hot yoga just down the street past the Stittsville Main and Carp Road intersection.
This list shows you just a handful of the amenities that are within convenient walking distance. This does not include the numerous banks, coffee shops, nail salons and gas stations that are nearby as well.
What do you think? Would you consider 104 Kimpton Drive’s location walkable?? We think so!