Winterlude, the festival of all festivals in Ottawa, begins TODAY! What better way to celebrate than with a FREE Friday dedicated to all the fun you can have at Winterlude this weekend.
- Winterlude Kick-Off at Confederation Park – a party beginning this evening at 7:00 with costumes, music, performances and a parade. From 8:30 pm on a DJ will be performing so head down to join the party!
- ByWard Blizzard Beats – head over to the ByWard Garage at the 70 Clarence Street loading bays. Lights and sounds will transform these cold corners into lively music-filled public spaces. Shake off the cold and get into the groove with local DJs.
- Throughout the weekend take time to enjoy the ice sculptures scattered through the festival grounds. There are also “Roaming Buskers” literally roaming the festival locations providing music and performances throughout the day and evening. And don’t forget about the Ice Hogs, Winterlude’s lovable mascots that can be found as well.
- Winterlude’s Sub Zero Concert Series – Every weekend during the festival there will be a concert from 7 to 10 pm in Confederation park. This Saturday A Tribe Called Red (electric powow) followed by DJ Le Ferrailleur and VJ Soko will be performing.
- Be sure to take in the Kiddie Zone throughout the day! Lots of play structures and games for the littler ones!
- The Crystal Garden Ice Sculpture Competition takes place in Confederation Park all weekend but the winner will be announced at 5 pm on Sunday!
Be sure to stay posted to the Calendar of Events for full listings.