TGIF! It looks like mother nature may hit Ottawa with some pretty heavy rain but don’t let that stop you from enjoying one of the many free events our City has to offer this weekend:
- Campfire Story Telling – taking place tonight at Pinhey’s Point from 7 pm to 9m. Participants will spend the evening on the banks of the Ottawa River, watching the sun set while roasting marshmallows over an open fire. A local story teller will regale them with legends and lore of the surrounding area, including tales of the First Nations, early explorers, voyageurs, and settlers. Cost: $6.15/individual. $10.20/pair, $16.35/family
- Almonte Celtfest – the 20th annual Almonte Celtfest takes place all day tomorrow and Sunday, rain or shine. Local artists, buskers, boutiques, restaurants will line the streets celebrating Almonte. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy what this wonderful town has to offer.
- Lois n’ Frima’s 30th Birthday – Join Ottawa’s favourite ice cream stand to celebrate its 30th birthday from noon till 5 pm on Sunday. Face painting, clowns and even the market’s miniature horses will drop by for a visit. Ice cream will be a $1.30.
- The Brewery Market – Much like a traditional farmer’s market (which you can also enjoy this weekend) except instead of veggies and local produce, these vendors have stands full of local, craft beer! Sign us up. Taking place in Hintonburg Park.
- Japanese Festival – Taking place at Ottawa City Hall from 11 am to 4 pm on Sunday. This festival celebrates Japanese culture with food, music, dance, live performances and more.